The right to privacy is important to Make-A-Wish® New Zealand. The following information explains your privacy rights and the Foundation’s obligation and rights in relation to collection and use of personal information.
You do not need to give Make-A-Wish New Zealand any personal information requested in the application form or any other document or communication relating to this application. However, without this information, we may not be able to process the application.
You may request access at any time to yours or your child’s personal information held by Make-A-Wish New Zealand. You may ask the Foundation to correct, amend or update this information if you believe it is incorrect or out of date.
How we may use yours and your child’s personal information:
- To process the application
- To administer and manage your child’s request for a wish
- To facilitate our internal business operation, including a fulfilment of any legal requirements or other regulations
- For internal use by Make-A-Wish New Zealand Wish Central and official volunteers to determine your child’s wish and establish your family’s needs with regard to granting a wish
Disclosure of personal information:
- Make-A-Wish New Zealand may disclose you and your child’s personal information if it is necessary in the following instances:
- If you request or authorise Make-A-Wish New Zealand to do so (for example, to contact your child’s medical specialist; for public relations activities) or where the law requires or permits us to do so
- To our external service providers and contractors that provide goods and services for the purpose of granting your child’s wish
- To the insurance company, travel agent and passport office where applicable
By signing the official Make-A-Wish New Zealand application form, you authorise Make-A-Wish New Zealand to collect, maintain, use and disclose the personal information in the manner set out in this privacy statement.