Hold an Event
Community groups like schools, sporting organisations and clubs and small businesses play an important role in helping Make-A-Wish® New Zealand raise much needed funds.
Holding a fundraising event in aid of Make-A-Wish New Zealand is a great way for community groups to help us fulfil our mission of bringing magic and joy to children and young people. Local businesses can strengthen their ties within the community, as well as involve and empower their staff. And for everyone, fundraising is also a lot of fun!
Here are some ideas:
- Hold a sausage sizzle on a Friday afternoon or on the weekend.
- Donate funds raised at an annual conference/meeting.
- Declare a casual clothes day at work or school and ask for a gold coin donation to go to Make-A-Wish.
- Host a golf day or tennis competition and donate entry fees to Make-A-Wish.
- Instead of giving Christmas gifts, give a donation to Make-A-Wish and acknowledge this support in corporate Christmas cards.
- Hold a fun run or walk-a-thon in aid of Make-A-Wish.
For more ideas check out our A to Z of Fundraising Ideas
A to Z of Fundraising Ideas (PDF)
Whatever your idea to raise funds, Make-A-Wish New Zealand will assist you to get it up and running.
To register your event you will need to complete the External Event Application form.
External Event Application form (PDF)
Please read the policy statement before completing the form and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Kids for Wish Kids
Kids for Wish Kids® was launched in 2005 and is a specific fundraising programme for schools. The programme is a very simple concept that works! Schools throughout New Zealand fundraise on Make-A-Wish behalf with all funds going towards making dreams come true for seriously ill children.
Mufti-days, sausage sizzles, gala days, discos, lunchtime music concerts, school production charity night and sporting tournaments are just some of the ways in which money has been raised. It is totally up to the school as to how they wish to support the programme.
At Make-A-Wish we want to help as much as possible and can supply balloons, stickers, posters, fact sheets and buckets to enhance your fundraiser.
For more information contact our Fundraising Manager on 09 920 4760 or